Worried about a child? Tell us

If you, or a child or young person you know is in immediate danger call:


Need to talk? We're here for you. Call freephone:

0508 326 459

Lines open 24/7, or email us at contact@mvcot.govt.nz

After 5pm and on weekends social workers are only available for emergency situations, but we still urge you to call so we can assess your needs.

Are you a young person?

We want you to feel safe - at home, at school and everywhere else. It's OK to feel worried sometimes, and it's good to share your problems with someone. 

If something happens that makes you feel scared, tell a grown-up you trust.

They'll want to help if someone is hurting you or making you feel bad. Think about which grown-ups you trust. Maybe your mum or dad, teacher, brother or sister? You could also talk to your grandparents, your friend's mum, someone from church or your doctor. 

Please talk to us if:

  • you are being hurt by an adult
  • one of your parents is being hurt
  • someone in your house has problems with drugs and alcohol.

Are you a worried adult?

We want to hear from you too. Call or email us anytime if you are concerned about the wellbeing of a child.

VOYCE - Whakarongo Mai


If you're a young person or child who is already in care you can contact VOYCE – Whakarongo Mai. The people are friendly, and know what it's like to be in care so are 100% on your side. They'll listen to your needs, connect you with others, and help you be heard when you need it.

VOYCE - Whakarongo Mai